AISI 630 stainless is excellent in corrosion resistance and can be hardened by heat treatment. AISI 630 stainless steel bearings can offer longer operation life under various corrosive environments with the excellent corrosion resistance and hardness.
- Corrosion resistance superior to AISI 440C stainless steel bearings.
- Can be used for heavy-load and high-rotation applications for which AISI 304 stainless steel ball bearings would be unsuitable.
- Available for various types of applications with its heat- and chemical-resistant fluorine grease pre-packed as standard lubricant.
- Hybrid type with silicon nitride ceramic balls.
- Different properties due to the material used.
AISI 630 AISI 304 AISI 440C Specific Gravity － 7.8 7.93 7.8 Tensile Strength N/mm2 1379 520～600 1900～2000 Elongation ％ 14 45～60 － Elastic Modulus N/mm2 196000 193000 203000 Hardness HV 434 170 700 HRC 44.0 3.0 60.1 Magnetism － Magnetic Non magnetic Magnetic
Note:The properties listed in the table are typical values.
These values are not always guaranteed.
|Inner and Outer Rings||AISI 630|
|Balls||Ceramic Balls(Silicon nitride Si3N4）|
Products with specifications differing from the above are also available:
*1 Also available with fluorine rubber seals.
*2 Other special grease also available.
|Material||Condition||Corrosion Weight Loss（mm／Year）|
|Sulfuric Acid||Hydrochloric Acid||Nitric Acid||Acetic Acid||Phosphoric Acid|
|AISI 630||Aging Heat Treatment||0.1||＜0.1||0.2||＜0.1||0.9||0.7||1.5||＜0.1||3.0|
|AISI 304||Solution Heat Treatment||＜0.1||0.6||2.0||0.2||0.4||0.2||＜0.1||＜0.1||1.0|
＊Note that results may differ from the data listed, depending on the environment and conditions under which the bearings are used.
LCD and semiconductor manufacturing equipment, film manufacturing equipment, metal plating equipment, other equipment used in acid or alkaline environment.
Due to the properties of AISI 630 stainless steel, bearings made of this material are not suitable for applications used under heavy loads or at high rotation that AISI 440C stainless steel ball bearings can carry.